Semi detached house extension.
Brief : total refurbishment of a 1930 semidetached house, new kitchen /dining/family room open plan, 4 bedrooms, 1 no office, bathroom and en-suite.
Energy efficient Feature to bring the house Rating from D1 to A3 :
-High level of insulation to match the 2012 building regulation
– Airtightness , the air leakage test results is 3.5 air changes per hour using 50 Pascal under pressurisation testing.
– Heat air recovery ventilation system 85% efficiency
– Solar air vacuumed tube and new cylinder for hot water
– Underfloor heating with zoned control
– High condensing Gas Boiler
– A rated double glazed windows and doors, Alu clad From Nord Dan.
Sustainable approach was made for the building process and running :
– Water harvesting system ( 3750 liters ) with U.V filter to extend use of rainwater to the shower and bath.
– Using reclaimed roof tile for a better integrity
– Reusing existing roof tile of on site previous extension
– Using spread foam soya based insulation, oil free.
– Using recyclable aluminium cladding
– LED lighting
– Airtight stove
– A rated appliances
– Gas Cooker and oven